Sunday, October 25, 2009

"Cuckoo's" Ghost! by David T. Boyd

Read this and see if you can tell me who it's about!

Peace,
Dave
---------------------------

“Cuckoo’s” Ghost!
By David T. Boyd

Once upon a stormy night,
At home alone I shook with fright!
A nightmare plagued my weary head,
Whilst’ I had turned throughout my bed!
This Hallow’s Eve, my family gone,
To Fifty-Fifth and Avalon!
Grim thoughts abound that made me cringe,
The Cuckoo-Man might take revenge!

He knew the art of pay-to-play,
The haters called him “disengaged!”
Yet it is he, with haughty laugh,
Who’ll burn them all within his wrath!
The howling wind blew forth my door,
And spindly shadows crossed the floor!
All that’s sane has neared the fringe,
As Cuckoo-Man takes his revenge!

I shan’t forget the breaking news,
His home chock full of TV crews!
Hearts dropped deeper than a well,
Our lives are now a living hell!
And he smiled wide, his hair intact,
Said “told you all I smelled a rat!”
Yet it was clear through eyes that singe,
This Cuckoo-Man would have revenge!

I rose from bed, I could not sleep,
Despite warm milk and counting sheep!
Lightning flashed and thunder clapped,
A subtle chill crawled down my back!
To you, I say this much is clear,
‘tis not the darkness that I fear!
For what creates the slightest tinge,
Is Cuckoo-Man bent on revenge!

Monsters of the Midway ran,
‘Hyde’ went Jekyll near ’The Dan’!
Shockwaves bolted through the Loop,
‘Canary-ville’ had flown its coop!
Yes, he’s BACK, and might I add,
Chi-town’s gone stark raving mad!
All mankind shall soon unhinge,
If Cuckoo-Man enacts revenge!

Hark! I heard a sound nearby,
A ghostly thing flew ‘cross my eye!
I had sensed it coming close,
Time to leave before I’m toast!
Sickly fingers grabbed my hand,
“I’m no crook!” it said again!
Its grip was tight, it caused a twinge,
And so began Cuckoo’s revenge!

“Cuckoo! Cuckoo!” the Ghost just clucked,
And since I’m not a sitting duck!
I dashed in haste toward the yard,
But Cuckoo’s Ghost, it was not far!
I made a beeline down the block,
But I forgot my Ford was locked!
It was his name he must avenge,
The Cuckoo-Man wants his revenge!

It snatched me high up by my leg,
“LET ME GO!” I cried and begged!
I looked into its piercing eyes,
And knew I was about to die!
Without a word it took its due,
It made me wear the Cubby-Blue!
Lights out folks, this was the end,
The Cuckoo-Man had his revenge!

“NOT THE CUBS!” I shrieked and screamed,
Waking from this nasty dream!
The morning sun replaced the gray,
And I had lived to see the day!
But I shall wait for June the Third,
For that’s when Cuckoo’s voice is heard!
Will we be free or will we binge?
Will Cuckoo-Man… commence revenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment